Cambridge Kiwanis Boys Choir
Is accepting applications for the position of
May 31, 2020
Accompanist for the Cambridge Kiwanis Boys Choir
Start Date: September 2020 – June 2021. (possible rehearsals in mid-late August)
One Year contract renewed annually.
Supervised by: Cambridge Kiwanis Boys Choir Artistic Director and Board
Purpose of Position: To provide piano accompaniment for the Choir (ages 8 – 17) for rehearsals and concerts, and other events in the greater Cambridge-KW area, as required for the CKBC, and to work collaboratively with the Artistic Director to create a musically supportive environment for the Boys.
- Accompany all CKBC rehearsals
- Monday evening rehearsals in Cambridge scheduled from 6:30 pm–8 from September to the early June.
- Possible occasional additional Saturday rehearsals, on mutually agreed upon dates.
- Two seasonal concerts each year
- Smaller performances in the community at local seniors residences, community hubs, etc.
- Accompany and lead sectionals as needed
- Accompany/play for additional concerts, festivals, tours, and events as outlined in the schedule
- Excellent musicianship and playing ability
- Strong sight-reading skills
- Ability to take sectional rehearsals occasionally
- Ability to play from piano scores, and to reduce choral parts at the keyboard.
- Ability to work with young singers from a wide variety of backgrounds and skills in a kind and nurturing way
Qualities and communication:
- Pleasant interpersonal skills, commitment to professional courtesy, able to work cooperatively with others
- Be in regular communication with the Artistic Director
Salary and fees:
Remuneration based on the number of engagements per season, negotiable depending on experience and training.
Education and qualifications:
- Demonstrate minimum grade 10 piano playing ability.
- This position would be a perfect opportunity for an exceptional young musician looking for experience in choral accompaniment.
Please include in your application a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
The application deadline is May 31, 2020.
Please submit via email to our Artistic Director: Corey Linforth <email@example.com>